Monday, September 15, 2008

Two Days and Counting...

I can't believe that I'm heading to Paris in two days. It seems like we've been planning this trip forever. I'm excited and yet overwhelmed by the whole thing. I've heard stories from friends who have gone to Europe before to do this kind of work, but it's the kind of thing that I know I need to experience for myself to really understand. I can't imagine a world without the church being at least a somewhat regular part of many people's lives, but that's the reality there. I really have no idea what to expect - both in terms of what I'll experience as well as the emotions that I'll feel.

I was listening to the radio today when one of my new favorite songs came on. It's called Give Me Your Eyes by Brandon Heath. Here's the chorus:

Give me Your eyes for just one second
Give me Your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me Your love for humanity
Give me Your arms for the brokenhearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give my Your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me Your eyes so I can see.

That's my prayer for this trip - that God will help me to see people the way He does, that what breaks His heart will break mine, and that He'll fill my heart with a love that I can't keep to myself.

1 comment:

bob b said...

Michelle

I will keep you and your group in prayer while you are gone. May the Lord open doors to you of the lost so you can share the love of Jesus to them. Keep us posted when you are able.

God loves you and so do I

Uncle Bob