Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Holy Crap We're Leaving Tomorrow

It's almost 10:30 and I think that I'm finally packed and ready to go. At least, everything is marked off of the list. (Yes, there's a list. Two, in fact.) I still can't really believe that we leave tomorrow. It seems so surreal - like I know it's happening but I can't quite wrap my brain around it. I wonder if I'll be able to sleep tonight. I wonder what it'll be like to be surrounded by people who don't speak my language and don't share my beliefs. I guess, ultimately, I wonder how much good we'll really be able to do - or if we're just kidding ourselves by thinking that we can make a difference in 10 days. I know what the truth is. I know that we're going for a reason. I know God's hand is in this - everything has worked out too perfectly for that not to be true. I'm just having one of those moments where the problem seems so large and I feel so small. Is my contribution really enough to matter? To be honest, that's a question that I ask most days. Most of the time, I'm grateful that I am so small. We'd all be in serious trouble if I actually had any sort of power on my own. I guess it's a good thing that God loves and uses messed-up people.
Enough philosophy. I'm off to bed as tomorrow will be a long day.

No comments: