Monday, September 22, 2008

It's Late; I'm Sleepy

We spent the morning at the Louvre. I'm not all that into art, but it was a pretty cool experience. We saw the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, several pieces from ancient Egypt...more stuff than I can even remember. Who'd have ever thought I'd have this opportunity??

We ate dinner with some friends from La Fonderie and had some really interesting conversations about ministry and their lives here. They're tired. There's so much work and so few people to do it. We take for granted the number of people who help with ministry stuff - it seems like there are always several people willing to pitch in and do what needs to get done. That's not the case here. If there's an event going on with either La Fonderie or Le Pave, they're responsible for it. As a result, they don't get a ton of down time. It seems pretty stressful.

Well, my brain has shut down for the night. Others need to use the computer and I need to do some processing, so that's all I have for today. I'll try to post something more substantial tomorrow. In the meantime, I do want to let everyone know how grateful I am for all of you. Without the love and support I have, this trip would never have been possible. Thank you especially to everyone who has been praying for all of us on this journey and for those in France - your prayers do make a difference! This has already been a life changing experience.

Blessings!

No comments: